Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Change

Just recently I've decided to change. During the past 4 years I've been slowly drifting away from god and my religion. So many things happened that just pushed religion out of my mind. I was in and out of depression, almost always unhappy and always getting hurt by people. I felt like no matter what I did or how much I prayed my prayers were never being answered. I felt like that for a while until recently. When I started dating the guy I'm currently with. He's a christian also. When we started dating he tried to get me to go to church with him but I wouldn't. But I was slowly opening up to the idea of letting god back into my life and believing again. So I went out and bought a new bible and have been reading it close to every night since I got it. Its been a couple weeks since I bought my bible and just last Sunday I decided to go back to church. Now, I'm not going with my bf yet, because his church is on the other side of town from me and I have limited gas money but I went back to the church I personally have belonged to for 7 years.

Since I decided to come back to god and be a christian again I've become a lot happier. I feel like even though bad things are still happening to me like my prayers aren't being ignored and are slowly being answered one at a time, and I feel like I don't have to hide behind the person I made myself out to be in public anymore. I feel like I can actually be myself without being judged and I can have my religion and not be made fun of or laughed at by the people I know because of it. Since I started this change things slowly have seemed to be getting better.

No comments