Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Weekly Bible Reading

I've decided to blog weekly what I read daily in the bible, whether its just what I read, my favorite verses from that reading or to talk about it also. My fave verses are the verses that really jump out at me while I'm reading. And everybody, keep in mind I'm reading the New International Version (NIV) so what I post comes from that version.

I'm currently reading the book of Psalm, but that doesn't mean that's all I'm gonna read from.

Mondays Reading (07/11/2011):
Psalm 28-34

Favorite verse from reading:
Psalm 34:18 - The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Tuesdays Reading (07/12/2011):
Psalm 35-41

Favorite verse from reading:
Psalm 37:39 - The salvation of the righteous comes from the LORD; he is their stronghold in time of trouble.

Wednesdays Reading (07/13/2011):
Psalm 42-49

Favorite verse from reading:
Psalm 47:2 - For the LORD most high is awesome, the great king over all the earth.

Thursdays Reading (07/14/2011):
Genesis 1-10

I didn't really have a favorite verse. I actually read this because I was reading a book that had a reference to Adam and I had to reread all the Adam and Eve stuff just to make 100% sure that what I was reading wasn't true in the book. What the book said though just caught me off guard because it wasn't the first book I've read that said that, so this time I made sure to check my bible. I also found though that what both these series of books are revolved around (the Nephilim), were talked about in the bible. And in all honesty I never knew that. It made me think about all the biblical references there are in the books I read that I never even realized were there.

Fridays Reading (07/15/2011):
Psalm 50

I'll be perfectly honest. I got home late and I was tired but I did want to read something out of the bible. Which is my goal. To always read something no matter how long or short it is.

Saturdays Reading (0716/2011):
Psalm 51-65

Favorite Verses from reading:
Psalm 62:5 - Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him.
Psalm 63:3 - Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.

No comments